Friday, January 14, 2011

Accidental Adoption

Posted by Angie at 7:07 AM
Ran across this...and laughed for about ten minutes!  Have you read this before?

Wife:  Honey, sit down. I have some news for you.
Husband:  What is it?
W:  Well, I don’t know how to say this, so I’ll just come out with it. I went to the mailbox today and… well, we got an 171-H.
H:  A what?!? An 171-H? As in, we’re going to have a baby?!?
W:  It looks that way.
H:  But how? We’ve been so careful! I put away all the blank I-600A forms. Didn’t you hide our homestudy update?
W:  Of course I did, but don’t forget, there was that one night…
H:  What night? (pauses) Ohhh, that night, But it was only once. We were just messing around. I didn’t print clearly. I didn’t even use ink! (pauses again) But it was kind of fun. (giggles). It was, wasn’t it?
W:  I’ll never forget how cute you looked getting your fingerprints.
H:  So now we’ve go our 171-H, eh? But that doesn’t always mean you’ll adopt, does it? I mean, shouldn’t you see the agency or something, make sure everything’s okay?
W:  I already did.
H:  And?
W:  I’m five documents along.
H:  Five documents! And they’re all notarized, certified and authenticated okay?
W:  Just great. There was one small scare when the agency couldn’t see the Notary’s middle initial but it showed up just fine under the magnifying glass. Thank God. And you, honey? Are you feeling okay?
H:  I’m feeling fine. As long as I know you’re happy about this.
W:  Happy? I’m thrilled! It’s always a shock at first when something like this happens, but of course I’m happy.

Hehe.  What do you think, my adoptive mamas...is adoption this easy? ;-)

Also, have you entered the giveaway yet??  Perhaps you didn't see the new way to enterCLICK HERE to check it out!  If you win, will you choose this...
...or this...
...or maybe this!?!

Happy Friday to all!  Hubby and I ordered Breakfast at Tiffany's from Net*flix to watch this weekend.  Can you believe that we've never seen it? 

Much love,
Future Mama

22 comments:

Dena on January 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM said...

That's great!! I love it!

Andrea on January 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM said...

Adoption is SO NOT that easy, but I'm glad you found the humor in this :) And glad you are going to watch B'fast at Tiffanys! I've never seen it either! So take it in for me :)

Have a great weekend and stay warm!
xx

Shonni on January 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM said...

That was so funny!!!

Donna on January 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM said...

No, I had never seen it before and it is great. Thanks for the early morning smile.
Oh yeah, thanks for dropping by my blog and saying "HI"
Congratulations on your journey

erica on January 14, 2011 at 11:19 AM said...

Hilarious! I love it!!

Jess on January 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM said...

Funny!! And, I LOVE those bracelets- gorgeous!

I hvae never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's either! Oops! Will have to rent it.

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

"Are These Kids All Yours?" on January 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM said...

OK That is stinking HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! he he he he....oh how I wish it were so..... :) He he he he...ok that is GREAT!

BlessedMommyx3 on January 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!! It would be great if adoption were that easy, but as we're finding out I don't believe it is..but it was great comic relief =) Hmm don't believe we've ever seen Breakfast at Tiffany's either....enjoy your weekend!

Fertility Chick on January 14, 2011 at 4:12 PM said...

Ha! I love it! So glad to be following your blog! :)

Colleen on January 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM said...

I have read that but it cracks me up every time! So funny, thank you for the laugh!!:)

Treasures Evermore on January 14, 2011 at 6:02 PM said...

Oh how I wish it was that easy...but it definitely made me laugh.

Blessings,
Connie

Joe and Jane on January 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

Yes, I love this! It always makes me laugh!

Kimmie on January 15, 2011 at 8:56 AM said...

Wishing it was that easy. I would do flips for such a conversation!

I've never seen the movie either...was it good?

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Makenzie on January 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM said...

That is great! It's so funny because we were talking about that show "I didn't know I was pregnant" at work, and I was wondering if there could be a "I didn't know I was adopting" version :)

Kellie Collis on January 15, 2011 at 12:36 PM said...

Hilarious! Good thing I wasn't drinking! Enjoy the weekend, Kellie xx

Angela Hunt on January 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM said...

Hahah that is REALLY funny!

Alison on January 16, 2011 at 5:20 PM said...

That is too funny! Wish it was that easy! Ha! :)

Future Mama on January 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM said...

I love reading all of your comments!! For those of you who asked, we enjoyed Breakfast at Tiffany's, but it was not at all what we expected. It was the classic conflict plot of love vs. money...but for the 1960s, the movie was a bit racier than I expected, ha!

4 Blessings on January 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM said...

That is hilarious! Love it!
Blessings,
Amy

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training on January 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM said...

Such a neat story! I have several friends and family members that are married to their high school sweethearts. You never really know when love will bite you in the booty!

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

Kristin on January 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM said...

My husband and I grew up together, started dating the summer before our senior year, got married in the church he was raised in.......
Your adoption story is going to be just as magical as ours was too!!!! I am loving it so far!

Elizabeth Margaret Lefavour Cl on March 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM said...

Accidental adoption -- that's actually sortof what's happened to us. It was less than a month between thinking about adopting and bringing him home so we have the baby and haven't yet done the forms. Wish those were done, too. We have three countries to deal with! One of these days I'll get around to starting a blog about it all. Just wanted to say, I love your blog and your take on things. God bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Expecting a Blessing Copyright © 2009 Baby Shop is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez